This statement is effective as of May 14, 2014.
This website is brought to you by Hennessy Ford (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”). We respect the privacy of our users and those who visit our websites, mobile and other online applications and products and services (collectively referred to as “our website”). By using our website you consent to the use of your information and information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement applies to information collected through our website and does not describe the collection, use and disclosure practices of any of our corporate affiliates or third parties. For information on the collection, use and disclosure practices of any company with whom you are doing business, whether or not affiliated with our website, please review their privacy policies.
Services offered by our website are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under eighteen (18), you should not provide any personal information to us.
Hennessy Ford and Ford, a division of Ford Motor Company, are nonaffiliated third parties. Hennessy Ford privacy statement applies only to the Dealership website and not Ford Corporate website.
Information We Collect
Information is gathered from our website by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information You Provide
Hennessy Ford website forms will be used and tracked by Ford Corporate. Must also clearly disclose that personally identifiable information will be shared with Lexus Corporate and may be used by Lexus for their own marketing purposes.
We may collect information that you choose to provide on our website in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register for one of our products or services. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, Social Security Number, and credit information;
- make information available to us via social networking logins, such as Facebook or Twitter;
- express an interest in buying, selling or trading in a car (such as completing an online quote or lead form);
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- apply for credit on our website;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions.
Information regarding your use of our website may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time you access our website and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
- email you open and links you click on within those emails; and
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as “Data Technologies”). “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. “Local shared objects,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
One or more Data Technologies may be used on our website and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be our website) by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
We may use a uniquely generated trackable toll-free telephone number on our website or in advertisements. This uniquely generated toll-free telephone number may be used to contact us. If you call us using one of these toll-free numbers, we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, the number from which your call originated).
We may target and track the videos you view on our website. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
We may collect physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device (“Location Information”). We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after initial access to or downloading our website). We may use Location Information and provide it to third parties to provide you with content and services that are relevant to a particular location, such as advertising, search results, dealers in the area, and directions.
Publicly Posted Information
Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources
We may combine information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of our website, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, and providing customer support;
- to provide values and/or offers for cars that you would like to trade in;
- to offer our other products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with our website and our users, dealers, and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within our website and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law.
Applications, Widgets and Social Media
Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices and mobile applications is sometimes called “online behavioral” or “interest-based” advertising. We may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of interest-based advertisements. They may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on our website and on third-party’s websites and mobile applications. This process allows our website and third parties to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
We do not provide information that is directly associated with a specific person (such as name and address) to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may make an assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement.
Some companies disclose when they are using interest-based advertising programs on our website to deliver third-party ads or collecting information about your visit for these purposes and give you the ability to opt-out of this use of your information. You may see an icon in or around third-party advertisements on our website that use interest-based advertising programs and on pages where data is collected and used for online interest-based advertising. Clicking on this icon will provide additional information about the companies and data practices that were used to deliver the ad. You can opt out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by multiple companies by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.ghosteryenterprise.com. Please note that even if you opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect or receive, except as described below:
- Affiliates and Manufacturers. Information collected, including personal information and Data Technologies, may be shared with affiliates and manufacturers, and their agents and third party service providers, who will use that information in accordance with their own privacy policies. For example:
- If you are interested in a particular listing of a car for sale on our website, information about you may be shared with our affiliates;
- We may provide manufacturers, and their agents and third party service providers, with information about you that you provided us;
- Our Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through or in connection with our website on our behalf. We require such providers to maintain information about you as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- Credit Applications. If you apply for credit on our website or via any third party link from our website, it will be necessary for you to provide personal information to complete the application, including your address, credit information and history, employment and other financial information. We may share your application information with our financial partners so that they can process your application and otherwise use it in accordance with their privacy policies, however, we will not use your personal financial information for interest based advertising.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
- Other. We may access or disclose information, including personal information, to:
- protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of Haystak and our affiliates;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of our website or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or
- comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
- You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that might impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service.
- If you do not want to receive marketing email from our website, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in those emails.
- If you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements, you can opt out as discussed in the “Advertising Networks” section above.
- You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or opting out at Evidon.com or the website of the technology provider. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device. Finally, if you do not want to use a uniquely generated telephone number, you may choose not to call us.
- If you do not want us to use Location Information, you can decline our initial invitation to provide that information, or opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result if you opt out.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents. As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers, therefore we do not respond to them.
Access and Correction
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our website, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, please contact us to request that we correct or amend your information.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you choose to visit our website, your visit and any dispute regarding privacy is subject to this Privacy Statement and our Visitor Agreement, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Georgia.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Statement. We will provide you with additional notice of material changes by posting notice of the changes for thirty (30) days before we implement those changes.
Our dealership takes your privacy seriously and is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Because we do gather certain types of information from visitors to our sites, we have developed a privacy statement to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This statement discloses the types of information we gather, how it is used, and how you can gain access to and edit any data that we’ve collected about you at any time.
Our dealership respects the privacy of individuals who visit our Web sites, send us e-mail, or participate in features/services we offer online. Accordingly, our policy regarding online privacy has been developed using the following guiding principles:
Our dealership maintains a strict “no-spam” policy. Subscribers to our e-mail services (or any other feature/service found on our Web site) will not receive unsolicited e-mail messages from us. Our dealership collects information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on our sites. When doing so, we will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data. Our dealership will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us (e.g. data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access). Our dealership will not share any information you’ve provided to us with anyone without your consent other than to provide the service you’ve requested. At the time you register for any such service, you will be notified of, and asked to consent to, the sharing of your information with any particular third party necessary to the provision of the requested service.
Non-Personally Identifiable Data:
Anytime you visit our Web site, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our site. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address and any search engine you may have used to locate the site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the Web site, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, we gather certain navigational information about where you go on our Web sites. This information enables us to determine which areas of the Web sites are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors. Such information is gathered by us in the aggregate and will not be associated with a specific individual without that individual’s consent.
Information Voluntarily Provided:
Any information you provide to us (i.e. name, e-mail address, etc.) when you enroll in one of our E-Mail Reminder Services, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of our Web sites, is securely maintained on our Web server and internal systems. This information may be used to provide you with information you’ve requested about our company, our products and our services, or to provide you with special notices. You may opt out of receiving future communications at any time (see opt-out Procedures below). This data may also be used to tailor your experience on our sites by providing content that is relevant to your interests and geographic region.
Information Collected from Other Sources:
Disclosure of Personal Information:
Our dealership understands the importance of your privacy. We collect and maintain the personal information of our consumers for our use and our subsidiaries. We do not sell, rent, or trade consumer information to third parties, other than as described below, and never without your consent. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use this website.
Our dealership may partner with select retailers and other companies at various times to provide expanded services to our site visitors. As part of such a relationship, we may share with these companies the use of certain interactive Web site functions (i.e. the E-Mail Reminder Service). Information provided by site visitors through the use of such interactive functions may be available to both our dealership and our partners.
Our dealership may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services and running special promotions. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or site visitors will never receive unsolicited e-mail messages from agents working on our behalf.
In the event that our dealership sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of our dealership are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
Compliance with Law/Safety:
Our dealership may disclose specific personal information based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our Web sites, the sites themselves, or the public.
Accessing Our Web Sites from Outside of the United States:
If you are visiting our Web site from a location outside of the U.S., your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and other internal systems located within the U.S.
The personal data record created through your registration with our Web site can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
Our Web sites may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
You may always opt-out of receiving future communications from our dealership. Our sites allow users to opt-out of receiving such communications at the point where personal information is requested, or through other means as identified.
Browser-Based Do Not Track:
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on this website or on websites where we provide advertisements, content, or other services.
Contacting the Web Sites: